The principal ensures that all students have ongoing access to quality teaching and learning opportunities to meet the provincial goals of education. (PQPG, Alberta Education, 2009, p.5)
a) demonstrates a sound understanding of current pedagogy and curriculum
b) implements strategies for addressing standards of student achievement
c) ensures that student assessment and evaluation practices throughout the school are fair, appropriate and balanced
d) implements effective supervision and evaluation to ensure that all teachers consistently meet the Alberta Teaching Quality Standard
e) ensures that appropriate pedagogy is utilized in response to various dimensions of student diversity
f) ensures that students have access to appropriate programming based on their individual learning needs
g) recognizes the potential of new and emerging technologies, and enables their meaningful integration in support of teaching and learning
h) ensures that teachers and other staff communicate and collaborate with parents and community agencies, where appropriate, to support student learning
i) supports the use of community resources to enhance student learning.
Click on the link to view all posts related to Providing Instructional Leadership.
I have met this criteria as demonstrated by the following:
- Spoke at Parkland School Division Opening Day on Quality Learning in 2015.
- Working with staff to create transformative learning opportunities for students in 1 to 1 learning environments.
- Fostered growth in making learning transparent through student blog portfolios and class blogs
- Implemented a Student Success Team that consists of myself, Inclusive Education Lead and Learning Coach that meets every Tuesday to collaborate and support staff in order to meet various individual student needs
- Integrated “Learning Lids” (GoPro Cameras) at Parkland Village School as a way for students to create and share their learning transparently
- Implemented 3D printer at Parkland Village School as a tool to foster Design Based Learning. K-4 have been demonstrating learning through their Design using Blokify and Tinkercad
- Participated in Bring It Project with 2Learn and shared learning with staff
- Capitalized on Division Flexible PD option to increase collaboration time by modifying and continuing Muir Lake School Collaborate, Create, & Learn Professional Development Plan
- Presented Transforming Teaching & Learning in 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit Conference 2014
- Presented Building 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit conference
- Collaborated with admin and staff to implement a new plan for Muir Lake School staff professional development: Collaborate, Create, & Learn PD Plan
- I participated in the SmartLearning leadership team with Wild Rose Public Schools and I opened my classroom for colleagues to come and observe SmartLearning lessons
- I blogged about my first Ipad screencast that I made for my Grade 5 science class in order to share with other educators how I am integrating emerging technologies into my “flipped” classroom.
- I contribute and participate in the Parkland School Division Learning Leader Project in order to grow my capacity and collaborate with others about mobile devices in the classroom, cloud computing, and learning networks.