The principal nurtures and sustains a school culture that values and supports learning. (PQPG, Alberta Education, 2009, p.5)
a) promotes and models life-long learning for students, teachers and other staff
b) fosters a culture of high expectations for students, teachers and other staff
c) promotes and facilitates meaningful professional development for teachers and other staff
d) facilitates meaningful parental involvement and ensures they are informed about their child’s learning and development.
Click on the link to view all posts related to Leading a Learning Community.
I have met this criteria as demonstrated by the following:
- Spoke at Parkland School Division Opening Day on Quality Learning in 2015.
- Created MicroSociety Implementation Plan as a tool/guide to engage students, staff, and community in the process of exploring the potential impact MicroSociety could have for the students in terms of advancing Parkland School Division’s mission, vision and values
- Developed a Design Team to increase leadership capacity to advance school and division priorities. The Design Team utilized the Design Thinking process to create the PVS Professional Development Plan 2014-2015.
- Presented Transforming Teaching & Learning in 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit Conference 2014
- Capitalized on Division Flexible PD option by modifying and continuing Muir Lake School Collaborate, Create, & Learn Professional Development Plan
- Presented Building 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit conference
- Collaborated with admin and staff to implement a new plan for Muir Lake School staff professional development: Collaborate, Create, & Learn PD Plan
- Lead and implement 1:1 Technology Initiative at Muir Lake School
- Hosted parent information sessions and presented 1:1 Technology Learning Communities
- Lead Technology Innovation Plan at Muir Lake School to have students develop online educational portfolios that demonstrates student growth and learning as part of the Parkland School Division initiative.
- Provided professional development and worked collaboratively with a team of teachers to implement Parkland School Division Google Apps/Digital Portfolio Project into the classroom.