The principal collaboratively involves the school community in creating and sustaining shared school values, vision, mission and goals. (PQPG, Alberta Education, 2009, p.4-5)
a) communicates and is guided by an educational philosophy based upon sound research, personal experience and reflection
b) provides leadership in keeping with the school authority’s vision and mission
c) meaningfully engages the school community in identifying and addressing areas for school improvement
d) ensures that planning, decision-making, and implementation strategies are based on a shared vision and an understanding of the school culture
e) facilitates change and promotes innovation consistent with current and future school community needs
f) analyzes a wide range of data to determine progress towards achieving school goals
g) communicates and celebrates school accomplishments to inspire continuous growth.
Click on the link to view all posts related to Embodying Visionary Leadership.
I have met this criteria as demonstrated by the following:
- Spoke at Parkland School Division Opening Day on Quality Learning.
- Created MicroSociety Implementation Plan as a tool/guide to engage students, staff, and community in the process of exploring the potential impact MicroSociety could have for the students in terms of advancing Parkland School Division’s mission, vision and values
- Created Parkland Village School Google Site as a tool for communication and sharing
- Utilized the Design Thinking process with the generative statement “how might we make this the best school year yet?” to engage all staff members in setting vision for the school year. This process produced many ideas generated from the staff that align with School and Division priorities and became the foundation for the Professional Development Design Plan 2014-2015.
- Presented Transforming Teaching & Learning in 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit Conference 2014
- Participated on New School Design Team in design of new school in Spruce Grove in 2013-2014
- Presented Building 1-to-1 Learning Communities at the Google Apps for Education Alberta Summit conference
- Hosted parent information sessions and presented 1:1 Technology Learning Communities
- Created 1:1 Technology Initiative Implementation Plan and implemented at Muir Lake School
- Lead Technology Innovation Plan at Muir Lake School to have students develop online educational portfolios as part of the Parkland School Division initiative.