The principal promotes the development of leadership capacity within the school community –- students, teachers and other staff, parents, school council for the overall benefit of the school community and education system. (PQPG, Alberta Education, 2009, p.5-6)
a) demonstrates informed decision making through open dialogue and consideration of multiple perspectives
b) promotes team building and shared leadership among members of the school community
c) facilitates meaningful involvement of the school community, where appropriate, in the school’s operation using collaborative and consultative decision-making strategies
d) identifies and mentors teachers for future educational leadership roles.
Click on the link to view all posts related to Developing and Facilitating Leadership.
I have met this criteria as demonstrated by the following:
- Working with 3 teachers in the acting admin capacity.
- Every staff member participates on a Collaborative Team as part of the PVS Professional Development Plan 2014-2015.
- Developed a Design Team to increase leadership capacity to advance school and division priorities.
- Empowered staff to take leadership on Collaborate, Create & Learn PD Plan in their respective professional leadership communities
- Collaborated with staff to empower them to take the lead on parent workshops regarding 1 to 1 BYOD initiative
- Created Muir Lake School Student Tech Team – Opportunity for students to demonstrate leadership by providing tech support for the school
- Initiated and coordinating We Day Team – empowering staff and students to take leadership on a global and local initiative
- Facilitating Lighthouse Team to develop leadership capacity within staff and students as part of the Leader In Me initiative
- Developed Student Technology Team to develop student ownership and leadership through the management of school technology equipment